Sunday, May 16, 2010

it smells like a baby in our house...!





as I announced in my last post, starting tomorrow our family profiles will be being shown to expectant mothers...so that means starting tomorrow we could get "the call" to head up to Michigan and meet our baby for the first time...   since we may be traveling without much or any notice we decided it is best to be as prepared as we can be so we gathered a few essentials and are preparing ourselves the best we can!

so tonight, after i bought some Dreft :)... I washed the first batch of the baby's laundry, i actually had a blast folding & washing clothes! as i folded it, i held each sweet piece up to my nose...there is NO better smell than the smell of a baby!

here are a few of the precious pieces of clothing just waiting for our baby boy or baby girl...












i already know that i will be jumping EVERY time my phone rings from now on! and if i see a michigan area code i might pass out...im just being honest!

im also very excited because we have saved enough money for me to take my full 6 weeks of maternity leave!!! this was very important to us and we feel very blessed to be able to take that time with the baby!

4 comments:

  1. AWWWW I love all the little itty bitty clothes!

    Loving the peas outfit too! I saw it at Target and fell in love myself!

    I can't wait to hear about the call.

    Do you have a list from your agency about all the things you should pack? Are you going to buy a stroller/carseat when you get there? Or bring it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YEAH!!! So excited!!! Praying it will be a short wait- I mean who wouldn't think you are the best? Love the outfits and we too love the smell of BABY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina Lee, I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait for you to get "the call"!!! Enjoy nesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have some of the same outfits and gowns...so cute!

    ReplyDelete