Tuesday, July 13, 2010

moby love & a little news

hello all...
  i have been finding it hard to find things to blog about lately. it is hard to post on an adoption blog when nothing is going on in your adoption process. im not really in a funk over it...just cant think of anything interesting to talk about!

so i decided i am going to write about one of my favorite baby gifts that i have recieved so far! my MOBY wrap! my mom got it for me and i absolutely love it!!! karl is not too convinced that it is something a daddy can use too but he is warming up to it! i feel very strongly about "wearing" my baby because of all of the positives i have heard from other adoptive mommas...and biological mommas too! our sweet baby will not have spent 9 months baking in my oven, hearing our voices, listening to the lullaby of my heartbeat or just feeling snuggled up to me...so for me it is very important to have as much snuggle time once baby is placed with us. it will be perfect for attatchment and bonding, baby can be right on my chest...
hearing my voice & heartbeat...smelling momma and daddys scent, feeling us move and breathe. i can not wait to hold my little pumpkin close in my moby wrap!

i tried it out with my 1 year old niece...just for fun and i couldnt tell who loved it more, me or her!? it was adorable, she really enjoyed being snug against my chest and belly with her little legs hanging out. i even wrapped karl up in the moby and avery took a turn snuggling with uncle karl.

i took lots of great pictures of both of us with the moby but i can not find the adapter to get the pictures from my camera to my computer...so those will come on another day!

now onto the news...its tiny so dont get too excited!

last night while karl and I were falling asleep i asked him what does he think God is trying to teach us through this hard wait? we talked for a while about it...maybe he is trying to teach us to FULLY trust His timing His plan. maybe He is trying to teach us to truly turn to Him and to not try and lean on our own understanding of this. maybe he wants us to seek comfort in Him in a way we never have before. maybe He just thinks we need a refresher course on patience!? :)

well i woke up this morning feeling Gods presence so strongly. it was amazing. something i dont really feel (this strongly) hardly ever. i was loving it and soaking it in!! well i honestly just knew that if i checked my email that i would have an email from our caseworker...i could just feel it. its 7am people and i had checked it right before bed around 10pm...so it was kind of a stretch. but sure enough there it was in my inbox!! she had a crazy day yesterday that included hours of trying to get rid of  a virus on her computer and she ended up emailing me at 12:45am!!!! i was touched that after the day she had she still shot us an email before going to sleep.

anyway...her 1st email was a response to one from me. i had been curious if we should put ourselves on Adoption Associates website since we are almost at 2 months of waiting with no match. and her response is the same as before...she said she is still confident that we do NOT need the extra exposure of  being on the website...and she encouraged us to hang tight...even though she knows it is easier to say than do.

i took comfort in that and trust her judgement. well then she emailed again to say that our profile had been shown 2 more times. once on july 1st and once on last thursday july 8th!!!! am i excited!? oh yes! am i praying like a mad woman!? oh yes!
but i am also staying slightly guarded and realistic because since nothing came of our last 2 profile showings i know that there is a HUGE possibility that nothing will come of these either. so i am taking it one day at a time!

i did come to a pretty simple but very exciting realization tonight. that eventually or rather, ultimately something WILL come from our profile being shown. i mean, at some point when our profile is shown God will stir the heart of a precious pregnant woman and she will feel peace about choosing us to raise her baby. at some point our profile being presented will result in us welcoming a baby, our first child, into our lives forever!
thats an exciting thought that gives me goosebumps!

if hear anything else...i will let you all know!

please continue praying with us!

2 comments:

  1. I read this on Monday and I wanted to share it with you! It was the Experiencing God Day by Day devotion.

    MONDAY, JULY 12, 2010
    Wait on the Lord

    Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD! (Psalms 27:14)

    Waiting is one of the hardest things to do. We want to be people of action. We feel better if we are doing something to address our need, but waiting forces us to rely on God. David learned what it meant to wait. He was chosen by God to be the next king of Israel, then spent years waiting for the day God’s word would come to pass in his life. As he waited, a paranoid, egocentric king occupied the throne that had been promised to him. David spent his time hiding in caves and living among his enemies. As he waited he saw good friends murdered and his family and possessions taken. He saw Israel’s enemies wreak havoc on his nation. Perhaps no one ever faced greater adversity while waiting upon God’s promise than David did. He certainly understood what it meant to become discouraged and fearful.

    But David also enjoyed the reward for waiting upon the Lord. He became the greatest king in Israel’s history, and, more importantly, through his trials he became a man after God’s own heart. The psalms David wrote during his days as a fugitive have been cherished words of encouragement for millions of people through the ages. Through David’s descendants came the Messiah. David’s willingness to wait has blessed us all.

    Times of waiting on the Lord can be some of the most precious moments in your life (John 11:1–6). If you are waiting on God for something, read Isaiah 40:31 and find encouragement as you wait for Him to fulfill His promises to you.

    I love you,


    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my baby sling!!!! Joanna loves being close to me, and is a happy baby in her sling. She goes everywhere with me!

    ReplyDelete