Monday, August 9, 2010

well on our way!

we are in Nashville...halfway to Michigan. We are getting ready for bed and are overflowing with emotion over what is to come in the days and weeks ahead.

I just wanted to update...and I will update more when we arrive in Michigan tomorrow evening!

We were going to be looking at a 2 week hotel stay in Michigan, and with the costs from the adoption we were a little nervous about the extra cost of travel. Weeellll....my cousin is married into an awesome family that love to hike, camp, kayak...you name it they do it. Well years ago her inlaws hiked on the Appalachian trail with an older, retired couple from Michigan and have kept in touch over the years. It turns out that they live 7 miles from our agency and are welcoming us and our baby into their home!!!!!
How amazing is that!?!?!

God is so great!!!

We are really looking forward to getting to know them as we get to know our boy!

Oh by the way...his host momma said that he has been consistently sleeping through the night!! What a sweetie!

Well we have been up since 3am so it is time for lights out...we have 9 more hours of driving ahead of us tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Praying God's blessing on you as you travel & meet your son! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. That is so great. I knew God would work something out for you. If I were still at home I'd let you stay with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super duper exciting!! Can't wait to meet your little darling. Have a safe, easy and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not be more excited for you guys!! I thought about you throughout the weekend.

    Knowing that God is going to do great things in your life this week! I'll be leaving on Thursday but will look for updates when I return on Sunday!!

    Praying!
    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, so excited to hear more...your blog looks great, kristi

    ReplyDelete